What I Wish I Knew Before my Eight Hour Flight with American Airlines

Jahnia Treadwell Headshot
Jahnia Treadwell
Click the link below

Hola mi gente! 

Before embarking on my eight-hour flight with American Airlines, there were a few things I wish I had known to make the experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Check out the vlog here.

First off, I was pleasantly surprised by how different the TSA experience was for international flights compared to domestic ones. The check-out process for leaving the country was much faster and less stringent than what I’m used to back home. There was no need to stress over every small detail; the process was streamlined and efficient, which was a relief.

Despite some international flight delays that are often part of the travel experience, I was grateful for the direct flight. Having a nonstop journey made a huge difference, saving me from the added stress of layovers and missed connections. Onboard, American Airlines provided a range of amenities that significantly enhanced my comfort. I had access to pillows and blankets, which made the flight much more pleasant. The dinner and breakfast served were surprisingly good, adding a nice touch to the overall experience.

One of the highlights was the free Apple TV and Wi-Fi. The entertainment options helped pass the time, and the interactive map was a fantastic feature, letting me track our progress across the Atlantic and get excited about my destination.

Upon arrival in Spain, orientation kicked off with a tour of the Universidad de Salamanca. The campus was absolutely stunning—so beautiful and aesthetic, it felt like something out of a dream. The picturesque surroundings and historic architecture made me feel like I had stepped into a scene from a “Cheetah Girls” movie, full of vibrant energy and charm. 

P.S. If you're wondering why this vlog gives unintentional ASMR with my whispers. I was up editing this video at 12 A.M. and didn't want to wake anyone lol.

Until next time!

Signing off,

Jahnia