Join me on a Tour of Segovia!

Jahnia Treadwell Headshot
Jahnia Treadwell
Click the link below

Hola mi gente!

I hope you're ready for another exciting adventure because today I'm taking you to one of Spain's most magical and historic cities: Segovia! Nestled in the heart of the Castilla y León region, this city is an absolute must-see if you’re looking for history, stunning architecture, and that touch of fairy-tale wonder.

Check out my vlog here.

Our first stop? The iconic Aqueduct of Segovia. This ancient Roman structure is not just a marvel of engineering but also a sight to behold. Stretching over 15 kilometers and towering above the city with its majestic arches, it's hard to believe that this aqueduct was built without a single drop of mortar. Yes, you read that right—no cement, just perfectly cut stones that have stood the test of time for nearly 2,000 years! Standing beneath its towering arches, you feel the weight of history and the incredible achievements of the Roman Empire. It’s truly one of the best-preserved monuments of its kind, and if you’re into history, this is a spot you can’t miss.

After soaking in the majesty of the aqueduct, we made our way to the Alcázar of Segovia, a castle straight out of a fairy tale! Perched atop a rocky hill overlooking the city, the Alcázar looks like something out of a storybook—and for good reason. It’s said that this very castle served as an inspiration for Walt Disney when designing Cinderella’s Castle. As soon as you step inside, you'll see why! With its soaring towers, winding staircases, and grand halls, the Alcázar feels like you’ve stepped into a dream. Each room is filled with rich history, from royal chambers to armories, and the views from the top? Breathtaking!

Exploring the Alcázar, you can almost imagine knights and queens roaming the halls, plotting their next move in the kingdom. Whether you're a history buff or just love stunning architecture, this castle captures your imagination and transports you to another time.

From the awe-inspiring Aqueduct to the enchanting Alcázar, Segovia is a city that makes you fall in love with Spain all over again. The combination of ancient history and fairy-tale charm creates an experience you will never forget.

Until next time!

Signing off,

Jahnia