Come Aboard the 2 A.M. Bus to Porto, Portugal

Jahnia Treadwell Headshot
Jahnia Treadwell
Click the link below

Hola mi gente!

Today, I’m talking about travel plans that finally made it out of the group chat and how much fun we had on our trip to Porto, Portugal! This vlog is a little longer than usual because it covers three full days of adventure, but I hope you enjoy reliving this mini-vacation with me right before the start of classes!

Check out my vlog here.

First off, let’s talk about the real struggle—getting a group trip to actually happen. You know how it goes: endless back-and-forth in the group chat, everyone suggesting places, picking dates, some people dropping out, last-minute changes... but this time, we made it happen! After all the coordination, we chose Porto, Portugal as our destination, and I’m so glad we did. It was honestly the best choice!

We started the trip full of excitement (and the usual last-minute chaos, of course). After a bus ride at 2 A.M., we arrived in Porto around 6:30 A.M. and instantly felt the city’s charm. As we walked, the streets my excitement grew! 

We headed to one of Porto's best shopping streets the second day—Rua de Santa Catarina. This is where we hit up some stores, including Pull & Bear (a favorite, obviously). The street itself is super lively, with a mix of high-street fashion, local boutiques, and cafés. We spent the afternoon browsing and doing some damage to our wallets, but no regrets!

On the last day, we wrapped up our trip with a beautiful sunset over the Douro and some well-deserved downtime before heading back home.

I hope you enjoy this longer vlog filled with all the highlights of our trip. Thanks for watching, and here’s to many more adventures ahead!

Until next time!

Signing off,

Jahnia