Leaving For Berlin

Shea Decker-Jacoby

Hallo, my name is Shea Decker-Jacoby and I am a rising senior at Brandeis University. I am a International Global Studies and American Studies double major and a double minor in Legal Studies and History. I am also on the NCAA Women's Volleyball team at Brandeis and the editor for the Sports section of the university newspaper, The Hoot. I am very excited to be in Berlin this summer! I will be showing you my experiences through videos and photos! I had the privilege to arrive a few days early with my mom and explore the city a bit! I can't wait to show you all of my experiences!! I have never been to Germany and I do not know what to expect! I know it is a large metropolitan city, but I have no idea what it will be like to live there. I have had the chance to talk to my host mom over email. I am very excited to meet her and her cute pug, Tequila. She lives very close to the city center. There are about 40 people coming to study here in Berlin at my program from all over the country studying everything from Computer Science to Art history to German to Politics. I can’t wait to meet them all and experience a different city!

Auf Wiedersehen,

Shea DJ