The First Three Day Weekend

Natalie Lau

This past week, we had a three day weekend. A couple friends and I took this opportunity to head out of the city. Our destination, Ningbo. Why Ningbo, a small city an hour south of Shanghai? Because we went to a place called the Nanxi Wenquan, which is a hot spring resort. While it was an adventure to get to the resort, as we had to take three different long distance buses, the trip was quite worthwhile. I absolutely had a wonderful time traveling outside of Shanghai. We were able to see life outside of the bustling city. Even though I had a lot of fun this past weekend, I realized that I had really grown accustomed to Shanghai because, during my weekend trip, I dearly missed Shanghai. If you’re thinking about coming to Shanghai to study abroad through IES, I definitely recommend planning out your three day weekends well in advance. It’ll make the trip go a lot smoother. Make sure that you have a decent place to stay and I guarantee you’ll have the time of your life.

Here are some photos from our trip to the hot spring!

Here’s one of the buses we took to get to the hot spring! We were on this little thing for about two and a half hours. Man, it seemed like forever!!

Our experience at the hot spring was magnificent. The resort was gorgeous and we really got to relax and escape the bustling city life.

Another shot of the hot spring we were at.

In addition to the relaxing warm water, the scenery around the resort was awe-inspiring! We were able to walk around the lake and even walked on a rickety bridge!

A terrible translation of a Chinese poem on the walk around the lake. You get the idea!