Day Trip To Strasbourg !

Destiny Green

First Off, Sorry for not posting a video in so long! 

Since the semester has been in full swing I haven't really had the time to edit videos the way that I wanted. No worries though, midterms are now over. So stay on the look out for a Paris Video, a housing video, and a really exciting one I'm working on: Being a Miniority in Germany!

In the mean time, here is a short video of an IES Abroad EU day trip to Strasbourg, France.

A little background about Strasbourg. It is located in northeastern France. Strasbourg sits near the German border, with culture and architecture blending German and French influences. Its Gothic Cathédrale:  Notre-Dame, is one of the main landmarks of the city and certainly worth the trip. The houses and streets and food are really unique because you could see the clear multicultural German/French influence everywhere you went.  

In relationship to the EU, we went to Strasbourg because it is home to the formal seat of the European Parliament. During our trip we went on a city tour which was great. We then had a lunch break and went to the EP. There we had a briefing on the functiong and structure of the EP and met with Dr. Bernard Lucke. He is an MEP, the founder of the AFD, and a memeber of the Political group: European Conservatives and Reformists/ Liberal-Conservative Reformists in Germany. After talking with him, we got to visit the Parliamentery Chamber and listen in on a current debate about Romania and corruption which was extremly exciting and interesting to be a part of. 

Until next time! 

Destiny <3 

Destiny Green

<p>My name is Destiny! I am a Junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill aka "The University of National Champions" lol. I grew up in a multicultural African-American / German family as well as being a Military Brat. I think these two aspects influenced who I am today and I'm very grateful that I grew up in such a diverse family, as well as getting the opportunity to live all across different parts of the country. In my free time I enjoy photography, graphic design, listening to music, horseback riding, and spending time with family and friends (and my two dogs). Professionally, I aspire to be a Lawyer, focusing on some branch of International Law.</p>

University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Military Brat
Philosophy