Restless Farewells

Clayton Kovich

Kia Ora!

So, finals are here. The first day of exams are tomorrow, and the stress is palpable on campus! Seriously, everyone looks like they’re bugging out as they all get back from study break. We fortunately had a break for a week for studying before our 3 weeks of exams. But break is over and we are on the final stretch. This inevitably leads to the final dinners and farewells. Most of my friends are from Europe or America, and surprisingly quite a few are ready to leave. It seems pretty common that people get a little restless when it comes time to go home. And while this time has been great in New Zealand, I am also super excited to just sit down in Indiana with a burger from 5 Guys (Can you believe they don’t have them here!?). But for now it’s last minute budgeting, my final meals at my favorite restaurants, and saying goodbye to my friends. Good news though, I will likely be going to Germany next June to visit my friends that I met in New Zealand! So plenty of adventures yet to come! Until then.

Kia Ora,

Clayton