A Paris BIA Post – About Moscow

Callie Summers

I bought a little of sampler of makeup once while in line waiting to check out. Stila had 4 eye shadows, 1 blush, and 1 lip gloss, all in a pretty little package for me to try for the low price of $12! Obviously a deal I couldn’t pass up. Now which colors did I like… There was “New York” – the smoky eye. “Paris” – pastoral naturals. And then there was “Moscow” – dark gold and deep blues. I was drawn to this one and snatched it up on my way to the counter.

This is not me about to tell you that I secretly hate Paris and have actually always wanted to go to Moscow. The latter is true but I have always loved Paris, and I honestly want to go everywhere. Why this makeup palette is relevant is not because of the revealing city choice, but rather the unexpected quote I found inside when I opened the lid.

“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” — Miriam Beard

I spent a few minutes from time to time simply staring at the quote. It nailed down my wanderlust so perfectly and permanently. I wanted other cultures and civilizations to touch my heart and move my ideas into actions.

I am beyond excited to be going to Paris tomorrow, and I know it will be a life changing experience, irrevocably altering facets of my being, personality, and views.

Bring it on.