Time in A Bottle

Amarachi Alozie headshot
Amarachi Alozie

It has been a while, but it has been almost a week since I left Japan. It's weird. I didn't have any reaction to leaving; it felt surreal. I have been in the same place for at least 3 months, settled into a routine, and felt like nothing could shake me. 

The next few posts will be more about my experiences and reactions to particular things as a means to reflect on and understand what I truly experienced. Maybe because before I went to Japan, it had been a constant, safe dream since I was 12. I didn't think I would be able to actually go, so mapping out locations was the last thing on my mind. I was very averse to tourist traps, and Aoi Island was hours away. 

It's funny because I was told to go to the most interesting places to remember my time in Japan, but what I will remember most is what gave me the most intense emotions.